Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13th, 2014

Hello everyone! Things are going well. We have a lot of people to teach. I am glad because we haven't had many people around during the holidays. Teaching the gospel is just great because I get to see the happiness in others grow as I share with them about Jesus Christ.
We moved from Lovell (a town of about 2,500) to Byron(500). It's going to be a bit of a change but so far I like it. The members we live with now are wonderful. They also have a son on a mission. 
I may not be in this area for much longer because we have a transfer coming up. I've been here for about 3 transfers now (4.5 months). It's crazy to think that I've already been on my mission for 7 months. Time has flown by.
We met a man from Portland whose brother is a convert to the church. We have been teaching him in his brother's house. He is a trucker and has been having a rough time lately. He remembered how happy his brother's family is and he wants the same happiness that they have. He showed up about a week ago at his brothers house out of the blue and told them how he wanted the missionary lessons. We have been teaching him every day since Thursday. He is so ready for the gospel. He knows that this is what he wants and wants to be baptized. I am so grateful for this opportunity the Lord has given me to lighten someone else's life.
I have seen my faith grow immensely and I know it is because of my focus in Jesus Christ. The beginnings of faith are very crucial I have found. You can have faith in a lot of things. You can have faith that the sun will rise, faith that when you turn a light switch to the up position the light will turn on. You can have faith that your car will start in the morning. And a war fighter can have faith in his training he has received that it will save his life when he is in combat. But things like this can fail you from time to time (besides the sun rising. That's obvious.).
With all of the things to have faith in, a question arises: What is the best thing I can have faith in in this life that will always work? What faith will never fail me?
the prerequisite to faith is hope. There is a scripture that perfectly tells of this and helps to answer the question.

 41 And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.
Moroni 7:41
I have a knowledge that putting our trust and our hope in the Lord Jesus Christ will bring us the best results. Christ will bring us to the highest we can go if we will exercise our trust and faith in him. 

I don't think I could say it any better than the prophet Nephi in 2 Nephi 4:17-19

 16 Behold, my asoul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and mybheart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.
 17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great agoodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O bwretched man that I am! Yea, my heart csorrowethbecause of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
 18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily abeset me.
 19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have atrusted.
I know that if we put our faith in Christ we can accomplish all things that God requires of us. If we exercise sincere faith in Christ, the pathway will be clear. We can know of the truth of all things for ourselves if we keep an open mind and an open heart and pray sincerely to the father.
I hope you are all having a good day!
-Elder Garceau
(I love you MOM!)

No comments:

Post a Comment