Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10th, 2014

This week is transfers again. Elder Hausia and I are staying in Poplar and will still be companions. And I am the new district leader in Glendive Zone Northern District. I will admit that I was kind of expecting it.
I received a phone call from the Assistants interviewing me because I was being considered for a leadership position. I felt like I was going to stay here because that is the feeling I got from the spirit. And Elder Brisco has been the district leader for a while. More responsibility. it's a wonderful thing! I can't wait to grow from this! It's going to hurt no doubt, but the Lord never makes us better without making it hurt a little first.

This transfer is only going to be a 5 week transfer.

more news... I almost got kissed by a drunk lady last week, and she asked if she could take me and my companion home with her. Interesting...

The first snow of the season was yesterday! Now we'll be driving and sliding all over the place. It's going to be so cold this winter. time to embrace the suck! -40s here we come!

Oh my goodness! We have the best investigators ever! We have been teaching a couple named John and Davi. They are so prepared. They have read so many different books and heard about so many other religions. but they are now hearing about the gospel of Jesus Christ. And they believe that our church is the closest to the complete truth. They like us a lot.

We went over to teach them on Wednesday. John said that the second he saw me he felt like he had met me somewhere before.

It just reminded me of a promise given to me by my bishop before I left on my mission. He said to me many times,"There are people waiting to hear your voice." And I have recognized that and looked for that my whole mission. John is definitely one of those people. I'm almost certain that we were friends before this life. He has a very familiar spirit. I know that the Lord has sent me here for a reason and he needs me in Poplar still so that I can find more people who need to hear my voice.

I was given a blessing when I first got here by one of the assistants who I am somewhat close to. He used to be my district leader and zone leader. he told me that I would share the gospel with many here in Poplar. I don't feel like I am done here yet.

Well I hope everyone is having a good day!

Elder Garceau

(I love you Mom!)


Breaded Pollock! super good! Used lemon with it. It was so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment