Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24th, 2014

Greetings everyone! Had a great week. Poplar is a blast, but it's stinking cold.

I went to Glasgow on my first exchange as a district leader. The first person I met there was Sister Mickelson. She owns a bakery and fed us all lunch for free! It was awesome. I also found out she served in my uncle's mission in Germany. 
Then I met the Hair and Makeup man for Xena the Warrior Princess. He did some work for Tuacahn a while ago, he's the ward mission leader, owns a bar he inherited from his brother, and he's a Mormon.
But it's just so weird working in a town where most of the people are white. I'm not racist, but I feel a little out of place when I don't see natives everywhere. White people are mean sometimes.

We have had a lot of miracles last week and I don't think I can possibly tell you about all of them to tell you the truth. 

But I did have my first Baptism interview yesterday. It was amazing. The Lady I interviewed is a very big deal in the native culture on this reservation. She is over 60 and does native dance. She went to Canada to compete and beat 24 other younger dancers in a competition. Everyone has basically adopted her as their grandmother so she knows everyone. She has such a good testimony of the Book of Mormon and the priesthood. She is getting baptized on Saturday. I am very happy for her.

Some members invited us over for thanksgiving. so that seems very promising. Our mission president told us that he wants us to work hard doing missionary work everyday, except Thursday. He wants us going to as many dinners as possible! This will be my third thanksgiving away from home.

If I could think of anything else to write about I would, but I hope the pictures suffice!

Have a good one!

-Elder Garceau
(I love you mom!)


The fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.









No comments:

Post a Comment