Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8th, 2014

It's been another week. We had a great Christmas zone conference. The trip to Billings was pretty great. We got to sleep on the floor in Billings at some Elder's apartment there, then on the way back up we stopped in Glendive and slept in the really cold Trailer that the Elders there live in. I am very happy to have by own bed back!
 
I would also like to add that I felt very uncomfortable being away from the reservation, which is a sign that I have been here for too long. For one, I am not used to being around other white people anymore. I don't know why. I know it sounds racist but try to see it from my point of view. I feel much more comfortable around native Americans. When I go somewhere else it's really going to take some adjustment. For another thing, we don't have sister missionaries in our zone and I didn't know if I was going to be able to communicate with Sisters that I know at zone conference. When you serve with just Elders for a while you get accustomed to a gorilla-like grunting dialect that is unintelligible to any sisters that might be listening. I might as well go to neverland and join with the lost boys, because that's what it's like.
 
I sent a lot of pictures home that I hope suffice for my loss of words, but cool things have been happening.
 
 OH and by the way, I got an email telling me that I have been accepted for BYUI! So I can start school their next fall hopefully. It's exciting because I already know so many people going to school their.
 
I am excited for the fresh start I get from going to a new place with new people. I don't have to go back to my old ways of thinking or my old habits. It's an opportunity to put things in the past and become something new and better than before.
 
We have a new transfer coming up because this is only a 5 week transfer. This is the last week of the transfer. The reason being is because of Christmas coming up and our mission president doesn't want transfer day to land upon Christmas Eve.
 
I hope everything is going well, stay warm!
 
Elder Garceau
(I love you mom!)

------

The assistants dressed up in Christmas costumes and we got to take pictures with them.
 
YOU will never guess who I ran into!
Sister Singson! (sitting in front of me in the photo)
 
She is the Granddaughter of Joyce Schroepple who used to be in my ward in Ivins and is good friends with my Mom!
 
It was very neat that we ran into each other!




_________

We had thanksgiving dinner with the Pipe Family. They are so great.
Two of sister Pipe's kids just got back from serving missions.
 
Starting from top left:
Jessica, Amanda, Jared, Myself, Elder Anthony
 
Starting from bottom left:
Debbie, Heather, Horace, Elder Montague
 
And Elder Hausia at the bottom

Jessica, Amanda and Horace are all three going to be attending BYUI next fall so I might see them there!
 









No comments:

Post a Comment