Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 19th, 2013


Hello everyone! Things in Montana are getting exciting. We just worked on the ward mission plan where the members talked about using the Elders with their friends a little more. We are planning a mission wide temple trip. My zone gets to go to the Billings temple on the 29th! I am very excited for that! We are having a large zone training which is going to be so cool! We all go to Helena for a full day of training, then we stay in members houses in Helena. In the morning we go to the top of Mount Helena for a devotional! I love zone functions! It is so wonderful to see so many missionaries together! 
It's starting to get a little cooler here and Elder Tayrien and I turn on the oven to heat the apartment in the morning. We both come from warm places of the Earth. Me being from St.George and spending all of last summer in Georgia, and he is from Queen creek Arizona (south of Mesa, East of Gilbert) right in the middle of the valley, kind of makes us not used to cold. However, I am excited for this winter to be able to show these people that I won't have a problem with the cold! 
We just had Dinner with the Wright family last night and they are wonderful! The four year old (Claire) has a crush on me apparently because when we had dinner she sat next to me and told me that she "likes" me. I was flattered of course when she gave me dead flowers and wanted me to push her on the swing. She even colored a picture from primary just for me! So you could say things are going well with the members in our ward. 
We finally have an investigator! Her name is Dell and her husband Seth is an inactive member. They both smoke but she really wants to quit so she can get baptized. I can't say how well it is working out now, but I may have an edge with Seth because he is in the Army National Guard in Montana. He recently got promoted to Sergeant so I get to bug him about that a little. He has sort of the same job that I do, except instead of fixing artillery, he fixes vehicles. Every time I see him I shout out with,"GO ORDNANCE", which is our regiment's motto. 
We still go play bingo at the rest home. That's always fun to do. Afterwards we may also play checkers with one or two of the residence. 
I hope things are going well back home!
Elder Garceau
(I love you Mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment