Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10th, 2014

Greetings everyone! Things have been speeding up here. 
I got a new companion, Elder Decker. He is from Mana, Iowa. He's a good Elder to serve with. We have gotten to know each other and he likes to workout almost as much as I do so we should get along pretty well. We taught a good amount of lessons last week (considering it was a transfer week) and we are getting ready to teach some new people this week. Can't wait!

We had some flooding happen over the weekend because of all the snow melting. We had to place sandbags along the ditches. One house on our street got some water in the basement. We had the fire department out helping us. We sandbagged enough to stop the water. It really wasn't that bad, but it's probably the biggest thing to happen in Byron WY for years. Some good came out of it though, people who didn't like us before are now very accepting.

I've got a picture of me with Elder Rust. I miss him a little bit, we spent a lot of time together. He is a great Elder and a good friend to have. Now he's in his last transfer in Butte Montana. He'll be going home in April. I'm very glad to have served with him.

The snow is still lingering around and it shouldn't be. It's very muddy here. I don't like the slushy mud one bit.

I don't like to admit this, but something made me cry on Sunday. The ward choir in Byron (not that great to listen to) sang, "I need thee every hour". That song doesn't usually make me cry (especially when sung by them), but the stake president's daughter accompanied them with her violin and it reminded me of how my sister, Mary, would play in sacrament meeting every once in a while. I don't even get very homesick out here, but that hit me hard and it was hard to control. 

We sometimes forget that we really do need our savior every moment of the day. The day is always better when you have the savior's influence constantly. The best times in my life have been when I fully gave my will to the savior and fully immersed myself in his love. The best way to get that is prayer. Have a constant prayer in your heart. You don't have to be praying in your mind 24/7, but think about the things you ask the Lord, ponder his words always. It's amazing what a life with prayer can do for you.

I hope all is well!
Elder Garceau
(I love you mom!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment