Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday October 21, 2013

Hello everyone! It's been a very good week for us here ! We have done a lot. We have more people to teach and more people to look up. Things are great!

Our mission has been selected to pilot the I-pad as a missionary tool and I have been approved to have one! The training for them is today in Billings. And I'm not going. For some reason my Mission President wants me to be here in Lovell on an exchange with another missionary Elder Ross. He's a pretty cool guy so we are going to be hanging out today. My companion is going to be at the training today so he can tell me all about it.
Sorry, I don't have pictures of me getting punched in the nose or any after photos. I really don't want anyone to see that anyway. 

I met a less active member who is a petroleum Engineer. He supervises the directional drilling for a major oil company. It uses a lot of math and I am very interested in it. As part of the procedure they drill down two miles, and then out two miles. The oil is collected in 4 miles of pipe (kind of similar to wiring but bigger) and then it gets pumped up to the surface where they clean it out and store it. I guess it's a pretty new procedure. His job requires a lot of math and it sounds like tons of fun! He goes out on the site for three weeks and then he is back home for about a week. It doesn't sound like something I would want to do for a very long time, but maybe for a little while because it pays well. He is on his week off at the moment so we are going to visit him and his family this evening. He's going to tell me more about his job and then maybe we could talk religion for a bit. Who knows. We'll see how this goes.

Every week, the missionaries in the district have to report numbers (lessons taught, baptisms, people attending church,...etc.) to the district leader so he can send them to the zone leader. Elder White has decided the give a prize every week to the people who call in first. This week we gave the prize to the second caller. The prize has generally been the same every week... a sugar beet! We keep finding these on the side of the road because the trucks keep dropping them. Just last week we found 30 sugar beets on the side of the road! Someone is going to be getting a very big prize.... We're going on exchanges later this week and my companion is going to hide sugar beets everywhere in the other elders' apartment while he's there. And next weeks prize, the only one who doesn't get a sugar beet is the winner! This is going to be so great! I can't wait! 
I love you all!
Elder Garceau
(I love you mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment