Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7th, 2013

I loved conference so much! This conference I focused on things said about faith and Jesus Christ. I have really been hounding down faith to get a good and solid grip on what all it is. Everyone knows that faith is Hope for things which are not seen, which are true. But what else is it? Elder Deiter F. Uchtdorf of the first presidency said,"Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith." I like to use short meaningful phrases to get an idea through my brain and the brains of others. The phrase that I have been searching for in my mind to make faith mean more to me is,"Faith is action in the presence of doubt.To fit your own specific needs you can replace the word,"Doubt" with any other word. One investigator we have said that he was having trouble exercising faith because of his pride and he was too prideful to go to Jesus Christ for help. For him his word was pride. But the most important thing to remember about this phrase I just made up is that Faith is action. Just do it.

Hmmmmm as far as things that have happened... not much. A German Shepherd chewed on my suit coat. So I had someone patch up the hole. It was awesome. I got this epic bite mark now. I'm never wearing my suit coat in that house again. It's still my favorite suit coat though. The scar gives it character and makes it more rugged. I'll try not to think about the 1G I dropped in buying all of my clothing... I now see the value of shopping at thrift stores for suits that I don't have to care about.

Due to constant slipping on the sidewalks I am starting to see a need for boots and a good hat,"Thank you Mom!". I think I'll start the modeling photos for these awesome hats and scarves my Mom is sending me.
Oh yeah and the picture I am sending with this email. Any guesses on what it is? That's right! These ain't no chicken nuggets! It's a delicacy known as rocky mountain oysters! Just had to do it because it's part of being a missionary. We're supposed to eat weird stuff so there you are!

Well so far on my mission I've been punched in the face, had a dog bite my suit coat, and I ate some weird food. Almost a real missionary!

For those of you who know him, I am in a 3 missionary companionship with Elder White and... Elder MR.Bill!
Love you all! Stay in touch!
Elder Garceau
(Love you Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment