Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24th, 2014

Hello everyone! It has started to warm up a little bit. Still snowing. Still cold. Just when we think the last of it is melting away, it snows again. I don't expect it to stop any time soon.

We are very excited about the ward boundary change here. It all takes effect on Sunday. For our district, it has already begun. We started last week with handing people over just so we would be on pace with the stake. Elder Rust and I probably got about 30 people from everyone else, and gave up about 3. Our teaching pool is getting pretty good sized because of it and we aren't complaining. I can't wait for some of the new people I get to teach!

We have some wonderful youth in this stake. They are all on board with the missionary work in the area. We have been given the green light to take all of the priests in the stake to go out with us and teach. We are the only set of Elders in Lovell, so we get all of the priests. We do splits with them on Mondays and Thursday. I am so amazed with how eager they are to help out. I know The Lord has prepared this area very well for missionary work.

We are going to have quite a few baptisms here very soon. We should be able to reach the stake's goal of 40 baptisms this year. So far we are more than on pace for that. I have faith that they will have more than 40 this year even though they had 24 last year. The stake president is an inspired man and it is a pleasure to work with them.

Transfers will be coming up again by next week. I should be getting a call by the end of the week. Fingers crossed I go somewhere good, but I know The Lord will send me where he needs me. I know I am right where I need to be right now. These are very extraordinary times.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Elder Garceau 
(I love you Mom!)

No comments:

Post a Comment