Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15th 2013 part 2.


I played basketball with some of the young men. It was fun and I even made a few baskets. Super proud of myself. I stole the ball a bunch of times as well. I went golfing today. I sucked! It was awesome though. We caught a snake and found a dead rat floating in the pond. 

The work here is ok I guess. Not too many people want to talk to us. Knocking on doors is pointless. The members don't give us very many referrals grrrrrrrrrrrr always... always... always! ALWAYS! GIVE THE MISSIONARIES REFERRALS! It's really kind of hard. 

We had a baptism on saturday. he's 16 and his name is Gavin. He's been dating this girl for a while who is a member and he took the discussions from my companion and his last companion. He really likes the spirit and the church so he got baptized! it was wonderful. They made me lead the music. Someone apparently thought my voice was good. I hope they don't make me sing in sacrament meeting. 

My companion is teaching me how to play the guitar. Now when I play, I'm not really paying attention to how I sing the words because I'm taking it one step at a time. I sing the words to the song, but I really only care about learning the instrument when I play it. And now the family I live with is under the impression that I have a hideous singing voice. Oh well. I can use this to my advantage and maybe I won't have to sing in sacrament if they say I'm terrible! yes! hahaha >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment